Friday, June 28, 2013

pervert taxi driver

yes, perverts.
in one of my days in langkawi, such a horrific experience.

that was my first encountered with perverts in langkawi and it happened to be the taxi driver! it was such a seriously scary and horrifying 30 minutes in my whole life.

my first impression of that taxi driver was quite positive; by looking at his age and talkativeness, but i guess somehow it was wrong to judge people by their outer appearance(in addition to the fact that it was my first time meeting with that kind of taxi driver)

and his talkativeness just crossed over the line when he started to ask me to call him 'abang' (eeuuww) instead of pakcik (what i call him earlier) and it gets pretty annoying and uncomfortable when he started to tell me things he was not supposed to tell outsiders about (u know what)

at that point, i began to 'read' the situation in the so-called taxi and what kind of conversation he was going to direct.
that he told me how lonely he was since his wife had just met with an accident,
that he showed me his old broken taxi,
that he told me men can get married to more than one wife but it's just women who wouldn't allow them to do so,

and how i lied by telling him i'd already engaged when he was telling me 'ruginya kalau dak baru ingat nak masuk' (read: flirting)
i was like OH CAN YOU JUST STOP THE TAXI, PLEASE? I WANNA GET OUT FROM UR TAXI NOW!

being a petrified and panic person i am, i quickly text-ed my sister to give me a call though at first she refused to do so. i secretly told her about the tax driver and Alhamdulillah, i really thanked ALLAH for He protect me from any unwanted and unpleasant things.

moral of the story: don't judge people by their outer appearance 


No comments: