Saturday, December 3, 2011

learn to appreciate the way we are

You made me insecure, told me I wasn't good enough
But who are you to judge
When you're a diamond in the rough
I'm sure you got some things
You'd like to change about yourself
But when it comes to me
I wouldn't want to be anybody else
I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me
*who says-selena gomez*

it's good to listen to songs which had beautiful and good lyrics. it somehow can (might) boost up one's confidence. i enjoy good songs with insightful lyrics :)

i like those lyrics above coz they are really true in a sense that every one of us is special in our own way. there's no single person in the world who ought to be judged for who they are.

to be honest, i am a person with low self-esteem. and the fact that my mind likes to think negatively (which later developed into a habit) adds on to that minus point. i am not really a confident person you see, that is why i always like to compare myself with others. i know it's not a good attitude and habit hence i'm trying really hard to 'throw' that negative image of mine :(

but i guess as time goes by, i managed to get rid from the image of the old me; that negative-minded person. i developed the new me; positive-minded, easy-to-go-along-with kind of person and most of all, a grateful yet confident character.

i'm still trying to be a good person and once in a bluemoon, i might 'return' to the old me. well, that is what we call the stages of changes. one can never change in a blink of eyes, it definitely takes time but as long as we change, it's already
good enough for me.

so, do you have our own fave song? with some beautiful lyrics?

i'm sure all of us do :)


The simplest things bring the biggest smiles

No comments: